The Division of Student Life
is accepting applications for the Administrative Assistant 1
position within Campus Living. In this role, you will help to ensure the efficient operation of the department by performing a wide range of administrative tasks. You will join a team of engaging and dedicated individuals in a dynamic environment that encourages professional growth.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide high-level customer service to support the needs of the residential community
- Use judgement to make independent decisions to resolve day-to-day operational concerns
- Hire, train and supervise student assistants
- Compile and interpret reports
- Direct, assist and instruct staff and stakeholders on operational procedures
- Disseminate important information to staff orally, electronically, and/or in writing
- Assist with functions related to human resources and accounts payable
- Scheduling, coordinate meetings, and take meeting minutes
- Provide full administrative support to the department
The successful candidate will have advanced computer skills and the ability to think critically to solve problems. They will be able to effectively communicate and successfully complete tasks independently.
Our team recognizes the advantages diverse perspectives and backgrounds bring to the workplace. We are particularly interested in candidates who share this value and will work to achieve the university’s goals of inclusive excellence.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website
to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.