The Department of Romance Studies is committed to educating students in French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish languages and culture, and in Latin American Studies.
Latin American Studies is an Interdisciplinary program which encourages students to integrate the varying disciplinary perspectives of the arts, literature, social sciences, and history, along with the study of languages of the area, into a coherent view of Latin America.
What You'll Do
This is a hybrid role. The position is expected to be on campus at least 3-4 days each week during the academic semesters, with the possibility of additional remote flexibility during the summer and winter breaks.
The Department Administrator serves as primary contact for the academic department representing its faculty and programs to university and external community. The role acts as resource for students, faculty, staff, and other constituents. Oversees department administration, finances, and operations; coordinates faculty, student and academic services and may supervise support staff, students and/or temporary employees.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by an Associate’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, excellent communication, time management, organizational and customer service skills
- Some budget and financial management experience
- Familiarity with federal, state, and institutional guidelines for research and other types of restricted funding
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.