The Facilities and Operations Manager
is an integral part of the School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
) team. As our primary facilities manager, the Operations Manager will oversee all space assigned to the School by serving as a primary contact for facilities related issues. They will provide a broad range of professional administrative support and autonomously manage the day-to-day needs for the School’s space and facilities.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively review SPPS spaces and make recommendations to optimize space utilization and space resources. Keep accurate records of space assignment and complete annual physical and space inventory.
- Coordinate and develop a multi-year facilities plan including an analysis of FF&E life cycle replacement that would integrate with annual resource planning for SPPS.
- Regularly identify, report, manage, and follow up on requests for service by UB Facilities
- Oversee SPPS Apothecary and historical exhibits.
- Coordinate safety training and compliance.
- Ensure all University assets within the SPPS are properly reported and maintained.
- Assist with major school events, especially as it relates to scheduling, space preparation, and close out.
Successful candidate must be able to collaborate with and support multiple members of a diverse school and university community, participating wherever necessary to ensure smooth and efficient operations, as well as continuously analyzing the work and identifying areas for improvement. They must be able to multitask across several projects, ensure consistent follow-up and follow-through and have excellent communication skills.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Experience in an academic setting working in operations and/or facilities management
- Experience with UB operations and facilities
- Proficiency in creating, maintaining, and reporting data
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated skills in customer service and professionalism