Content and Social Media Manager (7455U) 27500
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 20, 2019
The Graduate Division oversees graduate admissions, fellowships, grants, academic employment, preparation for teaching, mentoring activities, professional development, academic progress, and degree milestones.
The Graduate Division at UC Berkeley is seeking an excellent writer, multimedia storyteller, and social media strategist to join its communications team. As a Content and Social Media Manager, you'll work with Graduate Division staff to promote Graduate Division resources and services, alternative and non-academic career paths, and to amplify admissions recruitment initiatives for underrepresented students.
Content Development and Dissemination
- Researches and writes stories that inspire and excite students and staff using journalistic best practices
- Ensures content is on-brand, with a consistent style, quality, and tone
- Adheres to AP and UC style guidelines when writing for traditional media formats (press releases, newsletters, webpages)
- Determines best communication channels for disseminating digital content and reshapes messages to suit each channels' medium and audience
- Oversees e-newsletter content, design and distribution
Consults with and advises staff on their communications needs.
- Meets and consults with staff members on a variety of electronic communications projects, and develops, presents, and recommends digital content and visual material.
- Recommends vendors, contractors or online tools to support staff communications
Assesses Digital Performance
- Develops social media strategy to increase student and staff engagement
- Coordinates across departments to ensure digital and email performance is evaluated on an ongoing basis (insights, measurement, analysis, reporting)
- Identifies social media management tools, tracks social media performance metrics, and advises on strategic shifts in communication
Other Information-Related Projects
- Assists with online survey and form development, and other special projects as needed.
- Helps manage an editorial and project calendar
- Produces short videos, Instagram Stories, GIFs, and other dynamic content for social media channels
- Professional writing experience
- Advanced knowledge of the current media/social media landscape and content scheduling tools
- Ability to modulate voice and tone for a variety of target audiences
- Mastery of email marketing systems (MailChimp, Constant Contact or Marketing Cloud)
- High-level proficiency using social media insight tools, Google Analytics, and other reporting tools.
- Proven track record of experimentation and innovation with digital outreach
Salary & Benefits
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
This is an exempt position. Salary to commensurate with training and experience between the range of $70,000 - $98,000.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27500&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1