The Student Records Coordinator - Academic Records , reporting to the Associate Registrar will be a key resource for the Office of the Registrar team. They will provide outstanding customer service to students, faculty, staff and other campus constituents. The ideal candidate must have a service-oriented attitude and demonstrate a commitment to continuous service improvement. The incumbent will be detail-oriented with good critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. They will demonstrate the ability to effectively multi-task, triage effectively, follow-up and follow-through. They must be a diplomatic communicator who exercises appropriate judgement for service delivery whether independently or as part of a team. They will collaborate with academic and administrative units regarding student record services, while ensuring compliance with published policies and procedures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Using appropriate software, assists with managing and maintaining student academic records
- Maintains compliance with FERPA and other established federal, state, local and university policies
- Coordinates student eligibility for graduation and disseminates associated communication with students and academic officials across various platforms
- Coordinates data storage according to the record retention policy for program completion information
- Monitors the completion of milestones for doctoral students
- Tracks and updates expected completion dates including time limit extensions
- Provides reports and analytics regarding program completion
- Processes batch data transfers; analyzes and resolves error reports
- Processes transcript requests and responds to any inquiries
- Provides training to Stevens community regarding student service procedures in collaboration with the Associate Registrar
- Processes student enrollment transactions according to published policies and procedures
- Processes student bio-demographic and other record updates
- Responsible for document management including mail dissemination
- Reviews and processes general requests submitted by faculty and students
- Liaises with academic offices and school/department advisors regarding program completion and other student record requests
- Conducts student verification updates for employers and external agencies using National Student Clearinghouse and various systems
- Assists with documenting and implementing new enrollment or student service processes
- Assists with special projects and reports
- Responsible for front-line inquiries, answering phone, email and other media correspondence with the team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of one year of higher education experience, preferably in the Registrar’s Office
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and other document management tools including OneDrive and other solutions. Advanced Excel skills is a plus.
- Workday experience preferred; experience with a student information system required
- Strong computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn and assimilate new systems and information
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands; respond with appropriate urgency to situations that arise and solve difficult problems proactively, efficiently and with diplomacy
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to accept direction on assignments and work with minimum supervision, building support from colleagues where applicable
- Proven ability to apply critical-thinking skills to research and effectively solve problems
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate well with both internal and external constituents at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police