This position provides administrative assistance to the Chair of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department and support for academic advising for students when needed.
1. Assist the department chair with administration of the department, including but not limited to; preparing and proofing correspondence, helping to ensure that college administrative deadlines are met, helping to coordinate class scheduling, assisting with certification of majors, maintaining files, establishing databases as needed, coordinating mass mailings, maintaining department’s files, assisting with student registration, coordinating library orders, and creating forms for intradepartmental use.
2. Support academic advising for student when needed for their scheduling. This includes being familiar with the Electrical and Computer Engineering programs.
3. Assist with special events for department as needed, including corresponding with participants, arranging travel, reserving accommodations, arranging reimbursements, collecting and submitting information for reimbursements to speakers, designing brochures, preparing and submitting press releases and other publicity materials, arranging for technical support, and coordinating printing jobs.
4. Supporting accreditation related activities such as ABET and SACS, and providing coordination and support for the departmental advisory board meetings.
5. Day-to-day department office management and support, including (but not limited to) general reception duties, collecting and distributing mail, photocopying, assisting students and other visitors, procuring office supplies, organizing materials in common areas, and ensuring that common areas are kept neat and orderly.
6. Provide administrative and technical including setting up offices for new faculty, ordering office supplies and equipment, ordering desk copies, coordinating printing jobs for course handouts, syllabi, and exams, typing and proofreading letters of recommendation; helping faculty submit online recommendations; giving out assignments, administering exams, and canceling classes for absent faculty, ), coordinating travel arrangements, and assisting with reimbursement requests.
7. E-mail announcements to majors and faculty as needed, communicating with alumni and alumnae, helping design brochures, and overseeing the department’s bulletin boards, department newsletter.
8. Performing any other departmental tasks assigned by the department chair.