Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Financial Aid Counselor
Financial Aid Counselor
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Counselor provides financial aid counseling to students and families for federal, state, and institutional programs in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations. This role is responsible for providing superb customer service consistent with the Simmons value of being student centered in all of our functions. Financial Aid Counselors will have a high level of contact with students and families as well as being responsible for file review, awarding/processing, and participating in recruitment activities. Financial Aid Counselors are responsible for serving both our graduate and undergraduate populations.
The ideal candidate will: maintain a strong customer focus, foster mutual respect, support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, practice and promote teamwork, perform independently, maintain confidentiality, adhere to high standards of personal conduct and maintain and enhance professional/job competency.
About the Office of Financial Aid:
The mission of The Office of Financial Aid support students pursuing a Simmons education through financing, financial education and exceptional customer service.
- We are at our best when students are first
- We educate students on their financing options
- We empower students to make financing decisions that work best for them
- Counsel students and parents regarding financing an education at the University; advise students and parents about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, available financial aid programs, costs and financial management strategies including loans, financing options, and other financial-aid related matters;
- Manage a student caseload and reviews student applications for accuracy to determine financial need and award aid in accordance with applicable federal, State, and University regulations;
- Analyze various reports to verify continued compliance and eligibility of students receiving aid under federal, state and institutional guidelines; notify students of changes in their awards and offers alternatives, if applicable
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with other University departments including, but not limited to, Student Financial Services, Admissions, Registrar and Student Life;
- Receive, review, and process incoming student documents including student and parent confidential tax and income information, for accuracy and completion;
- Participate in various recruitment and retention activities (new student orientations, Admitted Student days, Open house, etc.) on an as-needed basis;
- Assist with other projects and initiatives that may be assigned.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum of one year of work experience in a Financial Aid office having solid knowledge of federal and state financial regulation principles is strongly preferred;
- Ability to perform complex calculations; analyze situations accurately, be able to solve problems and offer solutions in order to adopt an effective course of action;
- Experience with Ellucian's Colleague is preferred but not required;
- Demonstrated ability to clearly interpret, apply and convey rules, regulations, policies and procedures while maintaining a high level of professional courtesy;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse constituency while maintaining successful performance in a high-volume, fast pace, and confidential service environment;
- Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with FERPA regulations;
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to use sound judgment for decision-making
- Team and service-oriented and able to effectively manage time;
- Requires some nights and weekends and/or other local travel during peak season.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Financial-Aid-Counselor_R06607
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |