Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Grant Project Coordinator
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Grant Project Coordinator
Computer Science I
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide technical support to the conducting of two US Department of Education research grants. Professor Heffernan created ASSISTments and provides it as a public service of WPI to teachers from across the nation and the world. ASSISTments is an online tool that supports teachers as they work to use data to inform their instruction. The grants involve recruitment and training of over 265 7th grade teachers spread across the United States. The responsibilities would include supporting recruitment. Once we know which schools are part of the project the job will include maintaining relationships with the teachers and their schools and manage the creation of the content for these teachers. We will have two full time teacher trainers who will need support in organizing the training, teacher stipends, travel etc. Finally we are constantly supporting new teachers interested in ASSISTments and the Grant Project Coordinator will be trained to be on the front lines of working with these interested teachers and school leaders.
- Manage communications with prospective school districts, schools and teachers for both US Department of Education Research Grants. One grant is a nationwide effectiveness study, the other is in North Carolina and replicates a study conducted in Maine.
- Maintain the recruitment materials, including a website and print materials.
- Confirm and manage the signed forms for acceptance of the district into the ASSISTments studies.
- Support and manage the hiring of two teacher trainers in North Carolina (for the North Carolina Replication Grant) and the 6 New England Mentors (For the National Effectiveness Grant).
ASSISTments Content Creation:
- Recruit, supervise, train and conduct quality control for approximately 10 WPI undergraduate students as they input answers from multiple 7th grade textbooks into ASSISTments.
- Check for quality in the content created by the students.
- Respond to any issues or requests from teachers using the content.
Support of Training:
- Help facilitate travel for participants and trainers in the research studies.
- Support the trainers and mentors in setting up and carrying out the off site teacher trainings.
- Support the development and maintenance of materials used for in person training and online trainings.
- Create any print materials needed for the trainings.
First Line of ASSISTments interest:
- Manage first contact for teachers interested in learning more about ASSISTments.
- Test new ASSISTments functionality before it is released to schools, report any issues to the development team.
- Track local and national conferences and submit applications for the ASSISTments team to speak at these conferences.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must be highly organized, have effective time-management and organizational skills' ability to deal with multiple tasks, prioritize, and follow-through.
- Ability to think critically, flexibly and analytically. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively using tact and discretion.
- Ability to build and promote a safe working environment and be committed to building and fostering collaboration with school districts and participating teachers.
- Experience working in research conducted in K-12 classroom settings a plus.
- Will need to learn how to use Google Docs.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Grant-Project-Coordinator_R0000223
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |