Program Assistant V, Office of Marketing Communications
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Administration/Project Manager, this position provides full-time operational and administrative support to the Office of Marketing Communications and the Office of the Vice President.
Full Job Description:
- Provide day-to-day operational and administrative support to the Vice President, Assistant Director of Administration/ Project Manager, Marketing Communications managers and staff.
- Coordinate the Vice President's calendar, travel arrangements, mail, schedule meetings and visits, and request parking permits for visitors.
- Submit expense reports for Vice President and all fellow staff members that need reimbursement.
- Facilitate off-site archival storage.
- Manage and update internal and online division directory listings.
- Process student staffing actions and train fellow staff members on approving student timesheets and hiring procedures.
- Assist with orientation, training, scheduling, payroll, computer requests, and workspace coordination for student interns.
- Hire, supervise, and train VP office student intern.
- Coordinate scheduling interviews for new hires, including room reservations, temporary parking permits, and escorting to meeting locations.
o Assist with new staff onboarding and offboarding process.
- Manage print and digital advertising insertion tracker; collaborate with client managers to create insertion orders for all publications and attend weekly advertising meetings.
- Facilitate ergonomic equipment orders and office supply requests with Purchasing, HR, and ITS.
- Responsible for detailed oversight of client billing system:
o Organize, prepare and submit all charge-backs to be submitted for monthly transfers.
o Process and track vendor invoices submitted on behalf of clients.
o Maintain ServiceNow staff and student membership list.
- Ensure consistently high level of customer service, communication and responsiveness with above and other department systems and processes.
- Identify and resolve problems and situations that affect the flow of work within the department, with other departments or outside agencies. Develop, propose, and assist with implementation of solutions and systems to address issues.
- Assist with space planning and complex staff moves and interior construction projects: schedule coordination, furnishing, work-orders, computing and telecommunications issues.
- Assist with desktop technology-related services and resources for the Marketing Communications Division including the annual computer replacement and upgrade process and staff equipment, software and assistance requests.
- Assist with preparing and coordinating all documents and administrative details for quarterly Marketing Communications Steering Committee meeting.
- Arrange for various division-wide meetings, conferences, retreats and other events and make travel/hotel arrangements.
- Coordinate with key partner USF departments in support of Office of Marketing Communications operations including Business and Finance, Bon Appetit catering services, Events Management, Public Safety, Facilities Management, and ITS.
- Screen mail, phone calls and visitors and refer to appropriate personnel.
- Manage highly sensitive, confidential information with the highest level of discretion.
- Compose correspondence and edit and prepare reports.
- Maintain the department's record keeping procedures and file documents.
- Order supplies, coordinate FedEx mailings, distribute office birthday cards, initiate and renew subscriptions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Post high school education preferred.
Training or experience equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible work experience in a senior support role or related education.
Able to work independently in the absence of specific instructions.
Must be organized and able to work on many projects at the same time.
Advanced experience working with computer database systems, word processing and spreadsheet software.
Must be customer service and team oriented.
Ability to professionally and diplomatically communicate and interact with a diverse group of internal and external callers, visitors, and contacts at all levels.
Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material in a professional manner.
Ability to work within a team on behalf of the Division.
Excellent follow-up skills and attention to detail.
Strong telephone, email, and oral communication skills.
Strong skills in written English.
Must have an understanding and alignment with the mission and core values of the university.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Assistant-V--Office-of-Marketing-Communications_R0000009.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.