Assistant Swim & Diving Coach
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for assisting the Head Coach of Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving/Aquatics Director in coaching, recruiting and supervising the swimming & diving program and the aquatics function while providing an educational environment which enhances the development of the whole student-athlete. Will assist in fundraising activities for the program and department including the hosting of swimming & diving events and rentals. Teach physical education courses and help manage a departmental administrative responsibility.
- Assist the director and head coach in the leadership and direction of the program in the following areas: organize practice sessions; participate in the preparation of student-athletes for competition; supervision of student-athlete academic progress; provide positive guidance to students away from practice and competitions; and overall program development.
- Teach physical education courses.
- Help recruit prospective student-athletes committed to academic and athletic excellence.
- Oversee all aspects of lifeguard management and scheduling.
- Establish and maintain a positive public relations image for the program, the department and WPI.
- Serve as a role model for student-athletes on campus and off campus.
- Develop good rapport and/or working relationship with students, department members, faculty and alumni.
- Adhere to WPI departmental, NCAA and university policies.
- Assist in all fundraising activities including hosting aquatic events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous coaching and teaching experience; competitive collegiate experience is strongly preferred.
- CPR certificate, first aid certificate preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Swim---Diving-Coach_R0000327
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.