Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in the heart of Boston, Simmons University embodies the benefits of a small university in the nation's best college town. Simmons has a cherished history of visionary thinking and social responsibility and a mission that has remained constant for over a century: to provide transformative learning that links passion with lifelong purpose.
Today, Simmons serves nearly 2,000 students in a women-centered undergraduate program and nearly 5,000 students in coeducational graduate programs. Simmons recently embarked on an academic redesign to create four interdisciplinary colleges. Given the richness and complexity of its offerings, Simmons obtained formal approval and became Simmons University effective September 1, 2018.
The Office of the Registrar is looking for a Registrar's Assistant to support the daily operations of the Registrar's Office, with a primary focus on general office triage. This position is responsible for greeting and assisting all customers who visit, call, and email the Registrar's Office. Reporting to the Associate Registrar, the Registrar's Assistant provides support and oversight of the cross-registration process, coordinates and manages New Student Registration, facilitates the annual update of the University Academic Catalog, maintains the Office of the Registrar website, monitors the firstname.lastname@example.org
email address, and the processing of registrations and add/drop forms.
- In collaboration with another Registrar's Assistant, greet students, faculty, staff and guests when they enter the office;
- Serve as one of two points of contact for front office triage.
- Respond to all inquiries and questions via all modes of contact;
- Promote a friendly and inclusive atmosphere;
- Communicate University policies and procedures to various constituencies, including but not limited to, students, parents, faculty, and staff); and processing registrations and add/drop forms.
- Collect and distribute daily mail;
- Monitor the email@example.com inbox;
- Process registrations and add / drop forms;
- Oversee the cross-registration process between Simmons and partner institutions, will implement and manage the new online registration system for the Colleges of the Fenway, New England Conservatory, and various exchange programs. Responsibilities include: collecting and processing of registration forms,
- reporting on imports and exports to home institutions, facilitating the adding and dropping of courses throughout the semester, coding student transcripts with appropriate course information, and coordinating with other schools on students' registrations and grades;
- Will work collaboratively across academic and administrative departments to assure consistency of information and policies within the University's Academic catalog.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required;
- 1-2 years of related administrative work experience, including customer service experience, preferably in higher education;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgement, diplomacy and tact;
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively in person, over the phone, and in writing;
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Suites;
- Proficiency in the use of computers; knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications; and ability to search and obtain information from the internet;
- Attentiveness to detail and ability to work independently;
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple requests and handle them in an efficient and timely manner;
- Strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and commitment to customer service and teamwork;
- Ability to create clear, concise, and grammatically correct business correspondence and other documents;
- Ability to thoroughly learn, understand, and abide by federal and university guidelines regarding student record confidentiality requirements;
- Ability to work off hours events on occasion.
Required Application Materials:
- Communication and Customer Service
- Time Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Administrative-Assistant--Registrar-s-Office_R05891
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |