Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
LEAD Coordinator, Office of Student Engagement
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Division of Student Life
is accepting applications for the LEAD Coordinator
position within the Office of Student Engagement. In this role, you will join a team that provides UB students with intentional programming and support related to leadership, engagement, activities, and development (LEAD
). As one of three LEAD
Coordinators, you will be responsible for coordinating programming within the Leadership and Development and student activities portfolios.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the Student Engagement Ambassador (SEA) peer mentoring program consisting of upper-class interns who are responsible for connecting their peers to campus involvement
- Supervise and support a graduate assistant and/or a graduate intern
- Instruct and facilitate the SEA program curriculum
- Plan, execute, and assess development and training programs and workshops for a diverse student population
- Work collaboratively with key campus stakeholders to deliver leadership and development programs
- Coordinate a student activities programming portfolio to enhance the student experience, with the assistance of a graduate assistant
- Contribute positively to the overall success of Student Engagement programming initiatives by supporting the other functional areas of Student Engagement as well as large-scale, campus-wide programs
Working at UB offers world-class benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards such as health and retirement plans, training opportunities and access to recreational resources. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. We focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal life, and academic pursuits to support work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About Student Engagement
Student Engagement at the University at Buffalo is a dynamic office situated within the Division of Student Life that enhances learning and development by facilitating impactful opportunities that empower students to be contributors in a global society. Student Engagement provides programs and services that encourage and inspire involvement through integrative and intentional experiences.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of one year of experience working in higher education or student activities is required.
- Knowledge of student development
- The ability to work with diverse populations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks/projects is required.
- Master’s degree in student affairs, higher education, counseling, leadership development, or a related discipline is desired.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team setting and a proven commitment to fostering an inclusive learning environment for a large, diverse student body is preferred.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |