Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Director for Recruitment Communications, Marketing and Engagement
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The School of Engineering and Applied Sciences’ (SEAS) Office of Graduate Education (OGE) seeks an innovative entrepreneurial-minded professional to support our academic departments in aggressive (and creative) recruitment communication related outreach efforts with the goal of building and sustaining new domestic and international graduate student pipelines for both traditional and non-traditional (online) education. Under the direction of the Assistant Dean for Graduate Education, the incumbent will initially and primarily be responsible and dedicated to helping perform communication, engagement and outreach to aggressively grow a newly launched online graduate level Engineering Management concentration which is being offered by the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. S/he will be also actively work aggressively at building relationships and connections with prospective students through various electronic communications platforms. A secondary focus of this position will be to provide support of admissions processing during cyclical periods of high volume.
The sample listing of expected tasks and activities includes, but are not limited to:
- Seek out, engage, and respond to inquiries from prospective graduate students in person, by email, phone or other digital medium to personalize the admissions process.
- Build relationships with prospective students (with emphasis in online/non-traditional) and constituents to enhance yield.
- Maintain all recruitment information and activities in the Slate CRM system.
- Engage with new and existing networks of company representatives, alumni and current students to increase visibility of Engineering Management online program.
- Work very closely and collaboratively with the Department of Industrial and System Engineering, faculty, and graduate program director, staff to support them in their aggressive recruitment and enrollment efforts.
- Maintain and aggressively grow prospect and lead database for Engineering Management Online program.
- Participate in the management and development of a comprehensive electronic communication plan.
Website and social media
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media recruitment strategy in coordination geared mostly towards the engagement of online students.
- Recommend new content for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Graduate Education page with a focus on engagement and recruitment.
- Maintain and develop content for electronic communications (microsites, academic department websites, student profiles, admission/recruitment materials, Search Services such as: GRE; prospect cloud; GMAT, SEO, etc.) geared towards attracting mostly online students.
- Outreach through various social media platforms (you tube, facebook, linkedin, twitter, Instagram, etc.) to increase engagement.
- Research opportunities to expand and improve the web presence of the Engineering Management program.
Marketing and Outreach
- Develop strategic and targeted email marketing campaigns designed to increase engagement and relationship building for all students with an emphasis on non-traditional/online students.
- Manage Slate CRM and various external marketing and outreach tools to measure the ROI of our messaging efforts.
- Work closely with SEAS Communication to assist in the creation of content for both printed and digital marketing materials.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Have excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Be data-driven and familiar with reporting and analysis
- Have proven track record using, social media (facebook, linkedin, Instagram, twitter, youtube) and CRM/engagement tools such as Slate CRM, MailChimp, Formstack, InfusionSoft (or similar) with documented measurable success.
- Experience with Google Adwords and tagging.
- Be able and willing to perform travel and on occasion work non-standard/varied working hours
- An earned master’s degree in a related field
- Experience successfully recruiting students to online programs.
- Ability to provide prior samples of communication plans to enhance engagement with documented results.
- Prior work experience in a competitive communications/marketing environment or higher education setting such as admissions, international education is preferred
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple and changing priorities
- High level of initiative and goal orientation, including motivation to achieve aggressive goals
- Commitment to teamwork and strong interpersonal communication skills
- A high level of organization, attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation and appreciation for the needs of graduate students
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |