Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Director, Employer Relations & Outreach
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Assistant Director, Employer Relations & Outreach
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Support the Director, Corporate Relations and the Employer Team of the WPI Career Development Center (CDC) in managing activities, which focus on employer-related services and programs. These activities primarily include managing communications and outreach strategies, communicating and consulting with employers about recruiting opportunities and the best resources to meet their needs, as well as assisting with employer relations events and programs. Additionally, this individual will assist the Career Services team of the CDC with some career advising and programmatic duties.
- Work closely with the Director, Corporate Relations to develop and maintain successful relationships with organizations as well as alumni, parents, and friends of WPI through conferences, networking events, site visits, on-campus meetings, and scheduled calls to continue building the strong number of employers engaged with WPI students, alumni, and faculty
- Manage and generate content for employer focused marketing materials and carry out tasks according to operations team strategy for print, email, website, and social media platforms. Create and implement marketing campaigns, including management of the employer newsletter initiative.
- Regularly communicate with employers regarding their recruiting needs and advise them on available opportunities and resources provided by the CDC, as well as the Institutional Engagement model in the spirit of building a holistic corporate relations program at WPI.
- Plan, promote, and implement outreach in key talent/industry areas in collaboration with Director, Corporate Relations.
- Serve as the key Employer Team person to implement and track outreach activity in Salesforce. This includes running recruitment reports by company and presenting dashboards of activity to the team.
- Assist as needed with day-to-day recruiting services including Handshake employer approvals, job posting approvals, responding to employer questions and inquiries, and supporting recruiting related events, programs and outreach activities.
- Interact with corporate representatives, students, alumni, faculty, and administration on a regular basis.
- Coordinate events such as career fairs, networking events, off-campus employer site visits for students or student groups and other special events as assigned.
- Collaborate with the Office of Corporate Engagement around employer outreach activities and represent CDC at on-campus meetings with hiring managers, key executives, and human resource professionals.
- Represent the office at regional and national professional association conferences, attend industry networking opportunities as part of outreach strategy, and work with employers out of WPI Seaport
- Provide occasional career advising to undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni through appointments, drop-ins, and workshops as requested by the CDC Career Services Team
- Contribute to data collection (including annual surveys and phone campaign) and reporting for career outcomes and related topics.
- Remain current with the employment marketplace including trends, research, and best practices within both the employment community as well as student populations to ensure that the Career Development Center is providing opportunities that are properly aligned with students and employer interests.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, individual meetings, and team meetings as scheduled.
- Supervise student workers as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in business, marketing, higher education administration or related field (or equivalent training and experience) preferred. Bachelor's Degree required.
- Two to five years of experience in career services or comparable education, training, and experience with at least one year of experience working in a higher education or similar setting required, career services experience preferred.
- Experience in designing and implementing marketing campaigns utilizing electronic, social, and print media, collaborating with organizational partners (other departments, marketing, etc.)
- Experience with information technology tools and a high-level of proficiency in using a career services management software platform. Experience with other management tools (i.e. Salesforce, Excel, Qualtrics, Brazen, Google Docs) highly desirable.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced/dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service and communications skills, able to work with internal and external constituents, excellent presentation skills for large and small groups
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, ability to work independently and adapt to change in the workplace
- Capability to learn and proficiently utilize career related online systems and resources, office computer applications, attention to detail and quality in all work products
- Familiarity with science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), business, as well as humanities and arts disciplines
- Availability to work some evening/weekend hours to support office initiatives
- A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Director--Employer-Relations---Outreach_R0000680
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |