Information Technology Services
Posting Closing Date:
June 30, 2019
Please note that the posting will close at midnight (12:00 AM) on the posting closing date.
This means any applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM the evening before.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The work involves the coordination, implementation, team leadership of various administrative applications and Information Technology Services (ITS) which support the institution. Work is performed under the supervision of the Director of ERP System and Information Services or his/her designee. Supervision is exercised over applicable staff. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Provides business process analysis, problem analysis, need analysis and develops technical solutions to support the institution across many business areas.
- Assists with Data Retrieval and Data Conversion for Integrations between business systems.
- Maintains Business Processes and Rules on the administrative computing system to facilitate business requirements.
- Produces complex reports with report writing software and Business Intelligence tools.
- Generates reports and data retrieval with query languages.
- Assist other ITS and College staff in learning new technologies
- Provides support for the College administrative computer systems.
- Assist with project coordination or assist the project manager on various projects.
- Identifies technology solutions in the administrative system that can be used to solve business challenges.
- Support End Users of the administrative computing system and troubleshoot their issues.
- Coordinate projects to implement administrative software and features and enhance efficiency.
- Develops Functional Requirements to support business needs.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies to ensure current principles and practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices associated with the implementation and coordination of an administrative system module/process; ability to oversee a small to mid-size team and assess the work performance of assigned staff; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with both business and technical users; sound professional judgment; tact; dependability; physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent combination of training, education and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired and seven (7) years of responsible experience in administrative systems environment.
Official transcripts will be required for successful candidates within 30 days of hire.
Contact Human Resources at (716) 851-1840 with any questions.
Our mission to offer quality education includes exposing our students to a diverse range of cultures, experiences and expertise. At SUNY Erie Community College, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
SUNY Erie Community College does not discriminate in admission, employment, or in the administration of any of its policies and programs on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, familial status, military status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristics protected by law. This applies to all students, applicants or other members of the College community (including, but not limited to, vendors and visitors). Grievance procedures are available to interested persons by contacting the Civil Rights Compliance Officer listed below. Retaliation against a person who files a complaint, serves as a witness, or assists or participates in the investigation of a complaint in any manner is strictly prohibited.
The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies:
Civil Rights Compliance Officer
Tracy Archie, Chief Diversity Officer
Office of Equity and Diversity
City Campus, Room 174, 121 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, please contact:
New York Office
United States Department of Education
Office for Civil Rights, 32 Old Slip 26th Floor,
New York, N.Y., 10005-25010;
Tel (646) 428-3800; Email: mailto:OCR.NewYork@ed.govOCR.NewYork@ed.gov.