Sr. Secretary (Reg FT)
Sr. Secretary (Reg FT)
Dean of Student Development
: North Campus
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
SEIU E - $18.38
Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Performs a variety of administrative secretarial duties for a major campus department or division, which may include preparation of complex correspondence, reports, advertisements and news releases, developing filing systems and other analytical assignments.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus three years of relevant experience gained through previous job related training or education.
Should possess excellent interpersonal skills in interfacing with faculty, staff and students. Ability to multitask while effectively communicating CCAC policy and procedures to students and their Must be able to operate various office equipment, including a personal computer, and appropriate College software packages or equivalent. Should possess good organizational, customer service, communication, interpersonal and clerical skills. Detail oriented, ability to multi-task meet deadlines and be a team player. Ability to travel to perform work duties at any campus or center location within the CCAC system. Required to have regular and timely attendance.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable:
Must be able to work in a general office environment with the ability to sit for at least 2 hours without interruption.
1. Provides quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
2. Prepares complex correspondence, reports and other documentation.
3. Develops and maintains complex filing systems for confidential materials.
4. Interfaces with students, faculty, staff and outside agencies to exchange information, provide policy interpretation and provide initial assistance in resolving complaints.
5. Arranges for conferences and special events which include preparing agenda, designing brochures and programs, overseeing registration and scheduling facilities and resources.
6. Prepares and maintains budgetary and other financial information and investigates discrepancies.
7. In addition to the above described job duties, you may perform the following duties as specific to your department as indicated below:
Compiles payroll for employees and part-time personnel; room scheduling; create, edit, and cancel course sections; full-time faculty workloads and adjunct contract letters; takes, transcribes, and distributes minutes of various management and faculty-involved meetings; tracking of required faculty job duties such as Appendix L, class attendance, grade submission, I-grade contracts, contract letters, workload forms, portfolios, attendance at college events; purchase requisitions and vouchers
Admissions paperwork processing (transcripts, acceptance letters, applications).
Compiles payroll for employees and part-time personnel; takes and transcribes minutes of management meetings.
PHEA state award grants, review reports, reconciliation process.
8. Perform all duties in accordance with applicable laws, collective bargaining agreements, board policies and administrative regulations and directives.
9. Performs other clerical duties related to specific/unique needs of the department.
10. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1034