Device Support Analyst (7358U) 23404
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
The Office of the CIO and Information Services & Technology (OCIO/IST) believe in and foster a workplace environment where people can bring their diverse skills, perspectives and experiences toward achieving our goals through a process of critical inquiry, discovery, innovation, while simultaneously committing to making positive contributions towards the betterment of our world.
In addition, members of the OCIO/IST community have created and endorse the following values for our organization to augment and amplify the campus principles:
We champion diversity.
We act with integrity.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are more than just suggestions for us. They are the guiding principles underlying how we come together, develop leaders at all levels of the organization, and create an environment that unites us. We affirm the dignity of all individuals, call upon our leaders to address critical issues with integrity and intention, respect our differences as well as our commonalities, and strive to uphold a just community free from discrimination and hate.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 9/15/2021
- Gathers, analyzes, reviews, categorizes and oversees ticket assignments for technical support, insuring referral to appropriate level of services.
- Applies customer service/business/technical support concepts to perform Tier 1/2/3 technical support.
- Applies business/technical support concepts to analyze application problems and resolve complex issues that may have strategic impact.
- Is a customer support advocate, provides bridge between customer needs and highly technical support groups (ex: enterprise applications, telecom, network), other IST service providers, and third-party vendors.
- Manages IT projects, may function as a lead within the department.
- Analyzes and prepares various levels of internal and external facing documentation used by users and campus-wide.
- Configures and customizes complex applications based on user needs.
- Understands marketplace, trends (locally and in technology in general) relative to user needs to direct campus purchasing decisions.
- Provides strategic input to system redesign or development efforts based on user needs.
- Develops or escalates training as needed based on consultation with users and understanding of technology, including FAQs, knowledge-based entries, and job aids to assist users electronically.
- Requires thorough knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems.
- Applies required skills and abilities necessary to complete the most technical business/technical support functions.
- Requires knowledge of other areas of IT.
- Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and nontechnical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Ability to learn unit's business processes to provide back up to support staff of unit.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=23404&PostingSeq=1