Administrative Assistant V
Computer Science Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide a wide variety of administrative support for a large academic department in a multiple administrative-assistant-support environment.
- Receive visitors, faculty and students as well as provide administrative support for the department including assisting with expense reports, creating check requests, photo copying and faxing.
- Distribute student/faculty keys and computer accounts. Serve as point of contact with Facilities Department and prepare work order requests.
- Update department bulletin boards.
- Manage department supplies inventory. Re-stock copy and supply rooms. Order faculty books.
- Order department supplies and purchasing card.
- Collaborate with faculty and Admissions Office to schedule prospective student visits.
- Assist the colloquia coordinator with organizing colloquia including creation of announcements.
- Assist in the preparation for department meetings.
- Assist in updating and maintaining department web site.
- Prepare necessary forms for the hiring of undergraduate student workers.
- Work with student workers.
- Assist in planning departmental events.
- Maintain office and CS public areas.
- Support Administrative Assistant VI in the daily operations of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 1-3 years of office or secretarial experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient using MS Office and MS Outlook.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Administrative-Assistant-V_R0000472
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.