The Department of Student Accounts within Business Services at the University at Buffalo is seeking an Office Assistant 1. This position is customer service oriented and will assist with daily Student Accounts activities to include (but not limited to):
- Daily rotation covering phone calls to the Student Accounts publicized office number
- Provide customer service to students, parents, and other departments (State, Federal, military agencies, etc.) by telephone and/or e-mail
- Daily rotation for bank deposit; counting, balancing and preparation for armored car pick-up and delivery to the University Bank
- Handle calls, emails and processing of comprehensive fee waiver requests (M – Z)
- Handle calls, emails and processing of residency applications (M-Z)
- Daily rotation to process, post and reconcile alternative loan payments received for application to the student account
- Follow internal control procedures for the handling of cash transactions to properly safeguard, account for and document every transaction
- Process requests for stop payment and redrawing of lost refund checks
- Other appropriate tasks as needed to expedite phone coverage and/or processing tasks during peak business period
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.