University Advancement and the Fletcher School are looking for a Director, Alumni Engagement. The Director will lead on the creation and implementation of strategies to enhance the lifelong connection between Fletcher and the school’s nearly 10,000-member alumni community, provide direction and supervision to 80+ alumni clubs around the world, and help manage a network of 60+ Class Secretaries. The Director will work to expand volunteer engagement opportunities and increase the interaction of Fletcher’s staff and faculty with alumni clubs.
What You'll Do
The Director will guide a team responsible for: executing major events annually,
such as reunion weekend; delivering a comprehensive communications program through a variety of channels; liaising and supporting alumni clubs and class agents in ongoing alumni engagement efforts; and providing a suite of programs (in-person and virtual), publications, and platforms to help alumni to engage with the school and one another throughout the year. The Director will work closely with other teams at Fletcher including, Career Services, Communications, and Admissions, as well as with alumni engagement and advancement teams within the Tufts community.
Travel, including internationally, to manage alumni events and meet with key stakeholders is required.
What We're Looking For
• Knowledge and skills typically required through Bachelor’s Degree and 7-10 years of experience
• Extensive depth and breadth of knowledge and experience in alumni relations
• Advanced interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Demonstrated track record of developing and executing alumni events and programs
• Experience managing or mentoring staff
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office/similar systems and experience with database systems
• Alumni relations/constituent relations experience in a university, other non-profit or comparable field
• A background in marketing or communications and/or fundraising experience
• Basic knowledge of and Interest in international affairs
• Ability to provide high-level customer service