The University at Buffalo, Office of the Registrar seeks a Student Solutions and Communications Specialist that is passionate about providing exceptional, holistic student service as well as supporting the office website and student communication efforts. The Student Solutions and Communications Specialist will be a member of the newly formed Student Success Team in the Office of the Registrar, redesigning our approach to customer service. The student success specialist will provide concierge-style student service via phone, email and in person. This individual will advise students on Registrar and university policies and procedures, assist students with navigating challenges, and connect students with other offices as appropriate. This Specialist will understand, enforce and advise students on academic policies and will update student records in the student information system (PeopleSoft Campus Solutions).
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Contribute to student success and retention by providing excellent customer service in person and via phone and email.
- Review, streamline and update Office of the Registrar communications and website ensuring appropriate, easily understandable content and timely communications
- Utilize the student information system (Peoplesoft Campus Solutions) to perform needed transactional updates to student records
- Collaborate with colleagues across campus to ensure consistent and cohesive student service
- Specialize in customer service related to Degree Applicable Credit (DAC) and serve on the Office of the Registrar/Advising DAC team.
- Perform transactions within the following areas: enrollment, cross registration, degree conferral, diplomas, transcripts, academic withdrawal, degree applicable credit and provide customer service to address common student questions
The Office of the Registrar serves as the home for student academic records and related services. We preserve the integrity of the academic record and student data while providing high quality, student-centered services. We collaborate with others across the university to support the attainment of related university goals. We are a smart, innovative team of nearly 30 which seeks to regularly improve the student and faculty services that we provide. Our office is a supportive and collaborative environment where we value and respect one another, and foster enjoyment of and pride in our work. There are many opportunities for professional development and participation on working groups and committees, as well as office activities and events. Our open office is the spacious former home of an undergraduate library, and our building shares a footprint with a food court and grocery store, as well as outdoor spaces and walking paths.
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree required, Some customer or student service experience. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, high attentiveness to detail and technology competence. Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
More than 1 year professional work experience in a higher education setting
More than 1 year working with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions