This is a limited term position for 1 year with option of renewal based on funding. This is also a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
Tufts' Center for Engineering Education and Outreach is an interdisciplinary center dedicated to creating the next generation of problem solvers, kindergarten through college, through engineering education. Housed within Tufts University' School of Engineering, Tufts CEEO is home to students, staff, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty from engineering, education, child development, and computer science who collaborate on educational research and educational tool and technology development. Working to bridge the divide between research and practice, Tufts CEEO's outreach team works to transform research into programs and resources that can be used by stakeholders and provide continuous feedback to researchers. Partnerships with global corporations and foundations help to further disseminate knowledge and tools generated at the center.
What You'll Do
Under general supervision, the Project Coordinator provides advanced support and coordination for a university project.
A sample research project for this position is for a grant funded from LEGO Foundation called Tech and Play. This position would attend research meetings, take notes, and schedule meetings with our LEGO Foundation partners and CEEO research staff. The position will be responsible for the coordination of various logistics such as booking international travel, purchasing materials, coordinating meeting agendas, and helping keep the research team on track with deliverables. Additionally, this role will get an opportunity to play with the newest LEGO Education set, SPIKE Prime!
- Produces a variety of project documents, reports, or literature.
- Responds to a variety of inquiries related to the project, responding to a broad range of issues and providing relevant information to faculty, staff, students and other constituents.
- Organizes and maintains project files and databases. Updates data and tracks project information.
- Monitors budgets, executes financial transactions and prepares reports.
- Coordinates project marketing and promotional efforts. Arranges logistics for meetings, special events, assisting with planning, determining venue and coordinating production of promotional and presentation materials.
- Conducts internet research and gather information and data draft reports on results
- May provide guidance and work direction to student and temporary workers and assist in training other support staff.
What We're Looking For
- Associate Degree
- 3-5 years of related experience
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.