The Recreational Sports Department at UNT strives to provide the kind of recreational experiences that not only support the wellness of the UNT community but inspire it. The activities are provided through intramural sports, informal recreation, group exercise, sport clubs, esports fitness, faculty/staff fitness, special events, outdoor pursuits and aquatics.
This position is responsible for assisting in the overall maintenance of the Pohl Recreation Center and other Rec Sports facilities and field complexes.
High school diploma/GED equivalent and five years of experience in related maintenance/repair field. Substitution of education for experience allowed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and skill in use of standard tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices of general maintenance task; knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of general maintenance; knowledge of blueprints, schematics, and working drawings.
- Ability to use basic shop math applications.
- Ability to locate and identify problems in appropriate building system or equipment and to plan and execute necessary repairs.
- Physical ability to perform moderately heavy physical work which includes lifting and crawling, and to remain outdoors in inclement weather.
- Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification or comparable certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
TDA Applicator License or ability to obtain in first year of employment.
Knowledge of pool maintenance.
Knowledge of one or more skill trades and licensure.
Experience working in recreation or on a university campus.