Events Specialist (6291U), Haas School of Business - 27242 - 1265
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all.
Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
- Directs post-event analysis in collaboration with key partners.
- Identifies, leads, and directs vendors and services required for an event.
- Negotiates and secures contracts, permits and certificates of insurance in accordance with campus and the Office of Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison to and resource for event constituents, donors, campus officials and staff in advance of and during events.
- Crafts marketing and program timelines.
- Adheres to and, in some instances, establishes event deadlines.
- Manages marketing efforts for the Berkeley Cultural Initiative.
- Managing the BCI web page.
- Communicating with BCI sponsor organizations regarding offerings over the year.
- Working with the BCI Faculty Directors to help curate content for the BCI podcast and newsletters.
- Working knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of event planning and production and public relations.
- Working knowledge of the campus, its programs, policies, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
- Working organizational skills, including skill in effectively coordinating and organizing multiple details.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and political acumen, including skill in effectively representing the campus to its publics.
- Good judgment and effective decision-making and problem resolution skills, including skill to recognize and deal effectively and appropriately with real and potential problem areas, including skill to determine the issues/problems that need to be brought to the attention of higher level staff and/or management.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience within the range of $21.70 - $25.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a Limited (temporary) position, working 16-hours per week (40% time), with a potential duration up to 1-year.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1265&PostingSeq=1