WorkFit Instructor (4128U) 2194 - 2194
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 30, 2019
This is a continuous recruitment with multiple openings. Posting will remain open until filled.
Cal Recreational Sports is dedicated to enhancing the knowledge, wellness, fitness and quality of life for students, faculty, staff and the community. In addition to the 27 sport clubs and 600 intramural sports teams, the department offers a wide range of recreational activities and state of the art equipment,
including a complete package of fitness activities, from individual and group classes to massage therapy and personal training.For more information, visit recsports.berkeley.edu Check out our video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=85&v=W8pckeDe-AY
WorkFit is a campus mobile fitness program for faculty and staff. We offer 50+ classes across campus at convenient times and locations. Formats include Adult Lap Swim, Circuit, Indoor Cycling, Pilates, Stretch,Total Athletic Conditioning, TRX, Yoga and Zumba.
- Provides advanced or specialized activity instruction to program participants, individually or in groups.
- Maintains a safe and supportive environment for program participants and facilitate involvement.
- Enforces departmental policies and procedures.
- Interacts with recreational program participants in a positive and professional manner.
- Computer Usage: Tracks client progress and personal administrative records (time keeping, internal
communications, client records, etc).
- Keeps current on teaching methods, techniques and skills through continuing education. Participates in
required professional development activities.
- Previous experience with instruction of fitness and recreation programs.
- Previous experience working with age level specific to an activity.
- Advanced knowledge of program activity practices and procedures.
- Client service minded entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking.
- Service orientation, program management, sound judgment and decision-making, critical thinking, develop original ideas, creative problem solving skills in a varied and challenging environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication in the English language, active listening, dynamic flexibility,critical thinking, multi-task and time management skills.
- Must be able to work effectively, across all organization levels, internally and externally .
- Must have highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic Computer Knowledge.
- Knowledge of campus policies and procedures.
- Current certification with one of the following organizations: NASM, ACSM, NSCA or ACE for Strength Training Classes or current certification within your field of practice.
- Adult CPR/ AED Certified.
- Certification in the following organizations: NASM, ACSM, NSCA or ACE
Salary & Benefits
The salary of the position is $55.00 per WorkFit class/session.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Appointment: 1-year contract with opportunity for renewal.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=2194&PostingSeq=1