This position is responsible for the overall management & operations of a premier event venue within the Holmes Student Center that supports student organization activities and events.
This position will supervise all activity in the Huskie Den bowling/game center. This includes, overseeing all aspects of the bowling/games center staff, maintenance and repair of all center equipment including, automatic pin spotters/pinsetter, ball returns, pool tables and more. This position is also responsible for the creation, implementation, and execution of promotions, weekly programming and special events held in the bowling/game center in coordination with the Campus Dining Retail Managers. This person is responsible for maintaining relationships with internal and external partners to maintain the equipment as well as plan successful events. This person participates in an on-call rotation.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Manages all operations and activities of the bowling/game center, including hiring, training, and evaluation of full time, graduate assistant, student and part time operations staff. In conjunction with Campus Dining and other campus partners, create, schedule, implement, execute and evaluate promotions, recurring and special events to market, develop and increase usage of space. Create annual capital equipment plan. Serve on the Holmes Student Center Management team. Serve on other departmental, division and university wide committees.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or combination totaling three (3) years (36 months) from the categories below:
a. college course work in facility management, operations management, or a closely related field, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or an Associate’s Degree equals one (1) year (12 months)
b. training from a vocational, technical, or an armed forces program which includes building operations such as coordination of building maintenance, construction management, hospitality, or closely related experience.
c. work experience which includes building operations such as coordination of building maintenance and work orders, construction management, hospitality, or closely related experience.
3. One (1) year (12 months) of supervisory or administrative experience which includes building operations such as coordination of building maintenance and work orders, construction management, hospitality, or closely related experience.
Education and Experience Preferred
1. 2-3 years of supervisory experience
2. General knowledge of ‘United States Bowling Congress" rules and regulations.
3. Computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft and Outlook
Additional Skills and Abilities:
Ability to create an exceptional customer experience
Ability to collaborate with students and campus and community partners