you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account http://www.myworkday.com/austincc/d/task/3005$4482.htmld
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Job Description Summary:
To administer, develop, implement, and maintain the collegewide databases in a diverse multi-vendor client server environment.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates with application developers regarding database development, migration, revision and update, procedure development, troubleshooting, system configuration, and account setup.
- Installs, deploys, and upgrades database systems, maintains documentation, and performs routine database maintenance activities.
- Configures, monitors, and analyzes the performance and health of databases; resolves database performance, capacity, and distributed data issues.
- Provides assistance to end users and programmers regarding database-related problems and issues.
- Initiates processes and documentation of collegewide data warehousing system; develops procedures to ensure security and integrity of data.
- Coordinates with IT project managers, programmers, web developers, and operational staff to define and ensure standards for database performance, availability, and security are being met.
- Develops and monitors the process for synchronization between different database management systems.
- Manages end-user accounts and accessibility; provides technical expertise to end-users who create complex queries and virtual fields.
- Coordinates, schedules, and tests upgrades to the collegewide database system.
- Researches and evaluates software, system upgrades and enhancements, and provides technical recommendations.
- Keeps current with the latest technology; regularly attends technical training in order to maintain technical expertise.
- Performs database administration and maintenance including database backups, performance monitoring and tuning, application T-SQL queries turning and update indexes, and databases upgrading as well as system patching.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- SQL programming.
- Local area networks and personal computing environments.
- Database systems and development theories.
- Basic statistical methods.
- Database integrity and security standards.
- Client-server technology.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Make recommendations that impact the budget.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Installing, deploying, and upgrading database systems.
- Monitoring and analyzing the performance of database systems.
- Providing technical assistance to end users regarding database issues and problems.
- Creating and documenting database tables, views, data elements, and shared data rules.
- Performing database maintenance activities such as database backups, copying databases, creating accounts and enforcing database security.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Maintaining an established work schedule and providing assistance outside of usual work hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, winter, and spring breaks as required.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Maintain, manage, and program database management systems.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Salary Range $70,645 – $100,922
Reports to Manager, ERP Services
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
March 21, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.