Membership Manager (7546U) 2200 - 2200
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 30, 2019. This position will remain open until filled.
The mission of the UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) is to inspire the imagination and ignite critical dialogue through art and film. BAMPFA has developed an international reputation for presenting one of the most active and ambitious exhibition programs, as well as for the quality of its art and film collections and research resources. BAMPFA is an institution with a stellar history and an exciting future. For more information, visit our website http://bampfa.org
The Membership Manager plans, administers, and implements a well-defined and established membership fundraising program requiring the exercise of limited discretion and judgment. Determines the overall strategy, benefits, and execution of the membership program to sustains and grows the 4000+ membership base. The annual fundraising goal of the membership program is $400,000.00-$600,000.00
- Produce membership solicitations, including monthly renewals, acquisition and reinstatement appeals and annual fund appeal. Oversee all aspects of the appeal process including content creation, writing, and design approval and logistics coordination with the mail-house.
- Carry out research, identification, and segmentation of membership prospects and coordinate arrangement for list exchanges and rentals.
- Work closely with Major Gifts Officer on appeals to encourage upgrading of members to the higher donor levels.
- Manage the membership cultivation and stewardship calendar of events, ranging from members' opening receptions, to month-long membership initiatives, to major fundraising events. Coordinate all event logistics including invitation design process, catering, entertainment, and necessary permits.
- Develop marketing and informational materials for membership fundraising activities and promotional efforts.
- Interact with members and donors in person, on the phone, and via email to provide exceptional stewardship.
- Coordinate rewards program for the visitor services work-study initiative to help promote front desk membership sales.
- Train the visitor services staff in membership sales and ensures they are kept up-to-date on the membership program benefits and logistics.
- Determine and monitor the annual expenses for the membership program. Track revenue progress throughout the year from all sales channels and produces reports to present to the Board of Trustees.
- Oversee the member database and data entry processes. Evaluate and streamlines all data entry processes on a regular basis and train the department's Data Entry Assistant.
- Working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
- 2-4 years of experience working in Development, including special events, memberships /or individual giving.
- Previous experience executing direct mail solicitations.
- Project management and event planning.
- Content development, writing, and editing.
- Working knowledge of the campus, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
- Tact, diplomacy, confidentiality, and the ability to work helpfully and effectively with members and colleagues.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Filemaker.
- Ability to safely lift 25 pounds .
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Weekend and evening work will be required.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=2200&PostingSeq=1