UI/UX Developer (Reg FT)
UI/UX Developer (Reg FT)
Information Technology Svcs
: Office of College Services
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than July 24, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Salary Grade: Admin 15 - $56,912
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
This position is responsible for the coding, design, standardization, layout, and compliance of the website according to CCAC's specifications. As the role takes into consideration user experience and function, a certain level of both graphic design and UI/UX development is necessary. The role will focus on applying user centric design principles, take ownership of the website functionality, ensure proper adherence for accessibility purposes, and utilize technical abilities to adapt the website to integrate external solutions as required. This position will focus on all aspects of web architecture, including website interface design, web development, search engine optimization, and metric measurement techniques as well as responsive user interface design.
1. Working closely with the marketing team to devise and maintain a web content strategy that aligns with the College's wider goals, while applying user centric design principles to the website.
2. Serve as college-wide point of contact for all incoming web projects. Take the lead role for website migration efforts and ongoing maintenance, updates, and support associated with conversion to new web management system.
3. Create, manage and optimize the consistent presentation of the college's key messages and positioning throughout the website by developing and maintaining consistent standards within the CMS system.
4. Provide support for maintenance and enhancements through use of scripting, management tools, or other applications as required. Ensure all code meets industry standards, is valid, properly structured, and compatible with browsers, mobile devices, and common operating systems.
5. Ensure adherence in regards to accessibility on the website.
6. Ensure search engine optimization.
7. Ensure adherence to all copyright and data protection laws.
8. Implement and utilize APIs to reduce redundant work and outdated content were applicable.
9. Provide information and ongoing support for content creators, editors, and approvers.
10. Monitor key trends in Internet marketing and develop plans to implement website upgrades as appropriate.
11. Provide both weekly and monthly analytics regarding website traffic and user engagement statistics.
12. Communicate regularly with all web content providers alerting departments of new content, pages, resources and services.
13. Identify and maintain an accurate list of all individuals, and their various levels of roles/security within the college to ensure the appropriate parties can update content for their respective areas.
14. Provide proactive, ongoing communications to training personnel, who are responsible for training individuals with access to the CMS system, and incorporate assessment activities into the training to ensure quality
15. Engage with various external groups to gather and bring forward creative ideas for the website.
16. Work with content creators, editors, and approvers to ensure content remains current and relevant by providing informative, consistent reporting.
17. Study trends and analyze user access and optimize web services to accommodate user preferences.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines; Ability to translate our business needs into client-friendly functions that will expand our website's influence in our industry; Ability to update and integrate various online applications, as well as developing and implementing a usability testing process to insure that new website applications meet our company's requirements.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=698&site=3