The Murchison Performing Arts Center is home to the renowned University of North Texas College of Music. Located in Denton, Texas, the facility is host to world-class performances by students, faculty, guest artists and community members.
This position will coordinate all events occurring in the Murchison Performing Arts Center, overseeing all front of house activities, including the box office, and acting as point of contact between internal and external clients for all bookings. Providing event coordination and front of house support for selected events in the Concert Halls (Winspear, Voertman and other COM venues), as requested and approved by the Associate Dean of Operations.
Bachelor’s Degree and two years of professional experience related to event planning; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated event management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
- Ability to work on call during events including nights and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively in a high stress people-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated skill in computer use and related software programs.
Three to five years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management exper