This position is responsible for the day-to-day administration of operational expenditures submitted to the Campus Living business office, financial analysis, and ongoing training and education for Campus Living staff to ensure compliance with NYS and university policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Budget and financial analysis – participate in development of annual budgets by providing information to support planning efforts and budget preparation.
- Provide alerts of potential overages.
- Responsibility for the administration of NYS and UBF procurement cards.
- Provide training and information regarding university policies and guidelines.
- Ensure annual review and update, by appropriate parties, of departmental policies relating to financial management and accompanying operating procedures.
We are looking for someone who possess the ability to manage competing priorities, communicate professionally, be organized and be able to work effectively within the university and SUNY financial systems as well as MS Office, particularly MS Excel. The person in this position will advise staff on a daily basis and will offer guidance that promotes efficiency and compliance with NYS, SUNY and university guidelines
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associate degree with 3 years of experience or bachelor’s degree with 1 year of experience.
Experience working in a business office setting working with budgets and analyses. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Attention to detail and ability to competently multi-task and work independently with little supervision is required. The incumbent must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting a complex organization with many different stakeholders.
Computer skills/experience are required.
Bachelor’s degree in management, accounting, finance or related field.