Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Student Development & Counseling
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Nurse Practitioner works as part of the larger WPI Health Services team focusing on assessment, diagnosis and care for all students with respiratory issues. The Nurse Practitioner provides confidential, evidence based, high quality, timely, direct medical care that is respectful to all individuals with a strong commitment for diversity. This is a full-time one-year temporary benefited position.
- Assisting in managing caseload for COVID-19
- Review all pertinent medical information in the patient's electronic health record.
- Obtain thorough medical history, perform physical exams and order, obtain and review pertinent lab data.
- Provide treatment and prescriptions according to evidence-based medicine and in accordance with the practice guidelines.
- Communicate with patients and families while providing culturally competent care.
- Refer to appropriate medical and mental health consultants and specialists as needed.
- Consult with the director, nurse practitioner colleagues and physician consultant as needed.
- Collaborate with other key offices on campus.
- Triage patients with acute urgent medical situations promptly and refer as needed for appropriate emergency or follow up care.
- Responsible for assisting with coordination and implementation of infection control prevention.
- Collect analyze, and report on surveillance data.
- Identify, isolate, and contact trace, if indicated.
- Investigate potential outbreaks in collaboration with local public health.
- Implement appropriate control measures, such as isolation, if needed.
- Provide consultation to various campus departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shared on-call rotation.
- Participate in campus committees.
- Master's degree NP certification, DEA/MCSR prescriptive authority, CPR.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with adolescent/young adult population.
- Previous leadership/Supervisory experience.
- Previous Higher Education experience preferred.
Please include a cover letter to be considered for this position.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Nurse-Practitioner_R0000978
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |