Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Coordinator, Board Relations
Coordinator, Board Relations
Starting salary range of $47,362- $54,460 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C41. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for a broad and complex set of assignments related to the coordination and management of the Board of Regents meetings and events; provide executive-level support for all board activities in a manner that reflects the President's priorities and the College's mission; build positive and collaborative relationships with Board members and College leadership; provide support to the Chief of Staff relative to the effective operation of the Office of the President, and Board-related tasks; demonstrate professionalism and confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the Office of the President and Board of Regents.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic and operational support to the Chief of Staff and Board of Regents.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with Lee College Board of Regents and Cabinet Officers to promote good communication and successful collaboration for Board meetings.
- Collaborate with College leadership to ensure timely completion and submission for Board Action Items and other Board reports.
- Manage the meeting preparation process by creating the agenda and Board meeting packet; post the Board meeting Notice and Agenda as required by law.
- Review Board meeting submission documents for accuracy and details; make edits as necessary. Draft consent agenda action items or other documents as needed.
- Collaborate with CoS/DSO, Board Committee Chairs, and appropriate Vice President to develop Committee meeting agendas.
- Coordinate and manage all functions for Board meetings, including communicating with Regents, managing documents for Board members, making room reservations, arranging for audio/visual services, ordering food, and preparing the meeting room.
- Serve as recording secretary for all Board related meetings.
- Prepare written minutes of all Board meetings, prepare for adoption, and signature at the following Board meeting.
- Act as custodian of records and maintain official files and documents for the Board of Regents; file the approved minutes and maintain the official list of Board members.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute Board events such as Board Workshops, Committee Meetings, Retreats, New Board Member Orientation, and other special events, to include collaboration on agenda, contract with venue and caterer, and arrange for audiovisual or other support equipment, and other logistics as needed.
- Manage the budget for the Board of Regents.
- Manage the Board of Regents' attendance and participation at Spring & Fall Commencement, Nurses Pinning, and Honors Day participation for the Board members.
- Work independently to compose correspondence, research issues, prioritize tasks, handle special projects, and follow up on issues and concerns.
- Coordinate the TASB Board Policy update process by preparing tracking charts, meeting agendas, updating policies as directed, and managing the historical record of policies; coordinate the processing of College Administrative Regulations and procedures.
- Streamline processes and identify opportunities for greater efficiency; develop implementation plan.
- Coordinate and manage the process of Open Record Requests on behalf of the College.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance pertaining to Board meetings and other Board-related events.
- Facilitate meetings to include creating calendar invites, agendas, producing formal minutes, capturing decisions, and action items.
- Manage the arrangements for travel, lodging, and registration for Regents and the CoS/DSO for appropriate conferences and College-related meetings.
- Process financials, including but not limited to purchase requisitions, per-diems, reimbursements, account statements, and credit card expenses for Board members and CoS/DSO as directed.
- Assist with various activities for the Office of the President.
- Represent the President's Office by serving on college committees as requested and approved by the President or Chief of Staff.
- In her absence, assume the responsibilities of Coordinator of Executive Operations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associates (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- Three (3) years of related work experience
- Must be organized, accurate, attentive to detail, and able to master a wide range of complex tasks in a dynamic, fast paced work environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to diffuse frustrated students.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, as well as the ability to master additional software programs as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to converse with the public, friendly, and personable
- Must be dependable and professional
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelors (or higher) degree
- Experience working with board/board meetings
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work
. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7291
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |