Tufts University Occupational Health Services (OHS) provides work-related medical services for employees, faculty, and staff of the university with the goal of preventing and minimizing health risks within the organization.
What You'll Do
Provide occupational health nursing and episodic care services to faculty and staff on the Boston Health Sciences campus to minimize lost work time and to keep employees physically and mentally able to perform their jobs. Services are provided under the supervision of the Associate Director, OHS, and the Executive Medical Director, Tufts Occupational Health Services. Observe, promote, and ensure adherence to safety, security, and industrial hygiene rules and protocols. Collaborate with university stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of health services. This is an onsite 40 hour/week position. May require travel to other Tufts University campuses.
What We're Looking For
· Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing and 3 -5 years of experience
· License to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts or eligible for a Massachusetts license
· Occupational health nursing experience
· Broad based knowledge of occupational health and general nursing practices, procedures, and protocols
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Experience working with diverse populations
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and electronic medical record systems.
· Knowledge of Massachusetts Worker’s Compensation law, HIPAA, OSHA, ADA and FMLA
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing
· Infectious disease nursing experience
· Case management experience
· Additional medical certifications