Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Administrative Manager (7377U), Public Affairs - 40499
University of California, Berkeley
Administrative Manager (7377U), Public Affairs - 40499
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
UC Berkeley's Office of Communications and Public Affairs leads communications for the most elite public higher education institution in the world, conveying the quality, diversity, vitality, preeminence, and dedication to service of UC Berkeley. We reach diverse audiences and enhance relationships with constituents at all levels, including faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, parents, visitors, the media, industry, research sponsors, educators, government leaders, and the general public. Our mission is to promote the University's excellence in teaching, research, and public service, and inform stakeholders of our many contributions to the community - locally, nationally, and globally. We provide leadership and services in six integrated functions: News and Media Relations; Executive Communications; Critical Communications; Brand Marketing and Digital Communications; Public Relations and Special Projects, and Visitor and Parent Services.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 18, 2022.
- Develops, reviews and prepares budgets and financial reports as assigned.
- Responsible for the review and certification of the SAS 115 reports quarterly.
- Operates as subject matter expert on procurement and reimbursements.
- Reviews and approves all reimbursement requests for the departments.
- Provides training, guidance and direction to the departments as needed.
- Manages the Blucard review, reconciliation and approval process for the department.
- Responsible for handling all complex procurement requests for the department.
- Functions as the primary point of contact between the department and Supply Chain Management/BRS.
- Coordinates and participates in a variety of human resources activities including recruitment, training, classifications support, and ensuring the completion of forms and documents as assigned.
- Creates positions for the department, responsible for all UC Path transactions.
- Provide HR reports as requested.
- Supervises a small number of students and/or staff.
- Manages electronic inventory including development and maintenance (in conjunction with Campus partners) of an electronics lifecycle management process.
- Serves on committees as assigned.
- Develops and implements procedures for general supply inventory management.
- Administers facilities and space logistics.
- Manages equipment needs.
- Acts as departmental safety coordinator.
- Assists with events as needed.
- Plays a key role in the planning and execution of Cal Day.
- Thorough knowledge of and/or ability to learn University rules and regulations, processes, protocols and procedures for budget, travel, purchasing, account and fund management, personnel management.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques, human resources policies and procedures for employees.
- Knowledge of a variety of administrative operations activities such as risk management planning, accounting and payroll systems (Cal Answers, BFS, Bearbuy & UC Path).
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and video conferencing platforms (e.g. Zoom, Skype, MS Teams, Google Meet, etc.), with the ability to learn new computer programs and software systems.
- Interpersonal communication skills to include verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
- Strong skills in short term planning, analysis and problem-solving and customer service.
- Strong political acumen and the ability to use discretion and sound judgment in managing sensitive information and in responding to issues and concerns.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB), and ability to apply and integrate core concepts of DEIB into everyday practice.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, diverse, constantly changing work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent training or experience.
Salary & Benefits
- This is a full-time (40 hours/week), career position, and eligible for full UC benefits.
- This is an exempt, monthly paid position. The annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $74,300.00 - $95,000.00.
- For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
This is a hybrid position with remote work eligibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=40499&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |