The Graduate Programs Coordinator will plan, administer and support the graduate academic functions of the Department of Architecture. Under the guidance and supervision of the department chair, the incumbent will work collaboratively with department faculty to support and advance the graduate program needs of the students and faculty.
- Advising students on degree requirements and graduation criteria as outlined by the Graduate School
- Conveying and interpret academic policies to students and school administrators
- Updating and maintaining student records in each academic program, ensure students are maintaining academic status and are meeting degree requirements in timely manner
- Managing student Academic Advising Reports (AAR) in HUB, inputting milestones towards attaining degree requirements, and managing degree conferral paperwork
- Support the processing of grade change and other graduate school forms on behalf of graduate students
- Assist with orientations and other admissions related accepted student events as needed
- Support and resolve course registration needs of graduate students
- Ensure timely review and update of graduate program curriculum
- Ensure web and other materials accurately reflect current programs
- Guide and assist the selection process of graduate and teaching assistants (TA/GA)
- Other projects and administrative duties as assigned.
Work during evening and weekends may be necessary in order to meet professional obligations.
The school strongly values equity, inclusion, and diversity as core values across all its operations. Candidates with training and experience in facilitating equity, inclusion, and diversity in higher education settings are strongly preferred. Additionally, the school strongly encourages applications from individuals from under-represented and marginalized groups (based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender expression and identity, age, disability status, veteran status, and nationality). The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
A Bachelor’s degree and two years’ professional experience is required as are strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Master’s Degree with experience in academic advising or related areas in a higher education setting is preferred; familiarity with UB systems, policies and academic environment.