Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
System Specialist II Academic IT
Utah Valley University
System Specialist II Academic IT
: Staff - Full-Time
The Academic Administration is seeking a System Specialist II to join their team. Under the direction of the Manager of Academic Enterprise Systems - Academic IT, the System Specialist II supports the Learning Management System and the learning technologies integrated within. Resolves escalated technical issues to ensure availability, reliability, stability, and access to courses, content, and learning tools. Fulfills faculty and staff requests related to the Learning Management System while maintaining data security, process integrity, and adherence to university policy.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree plus one to three
years of related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling at least five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of SaaS systems, including commonalities among differing products.
- Knowledge of FERPA, financial aid law, and institutional policy and procedures related to data governance and security.
- Understanding of System Administration processes and work flows.
- Commitment to customer service, being team-oriented and working collaboratively in an academic community.
- Actively listens to customers to thoroughly understand user requests, reported errors, and feedback.
- Determine and follow through with best course of action that meets the customers needs and adheres to university policy within a reasonable amount of time.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to apply effective interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to assess technical and logistical course related problems and to assist with solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse group or individuals.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively for both short-term projects and daily responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records.
- Ability to receive performance feedback and make improvements as needed.
Working understanding of at least one programming language (e.g., PHP, Python,
Typical office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$37,706 - $47,132
STA192318 Academic Administration Staff 09/30/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/15326
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |