Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Academic Advisor, SEAS Office of Academic Affairs
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Office of Academic Affairs
in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS
) seeks a student-focused Senior Academic Advisor
to provide academic advising support to the School’s diverse population of undergraduate students. As a Senior Academic Advisor, you will participate in many activities associated with the academic advisement of undergraduate engineering and computer science students, including recruitment, admissions, orientation, and other wrap-around programming. As a member of the undergraduate advising team, you will have an assigned caseload and will collaborate with other academic advisors, faculty, and staff throughout the University to provide holistic academic advisement support to students.
In addition, each academic advisor in the SEAS Office of Undergraduate Education has their own area of responsibility where they devote approximately 20% of their professional obligation. Your responsibilities will be to coordinate SEAS orientation programs and to coordinate advisement services for students from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in engineering and computer science. You will be a primary liaison with UB’s Orientation, Transition and Parent Programs, Educational Opportunity Program, Access to College Excellence Program and Daniel Acker Scholars Program.
- Provide academic advisement to empower SEAS students to be active, responsible learners who set goals, develop plans, build resilience, and take full advantage of the many academic and extracurricular opportunities provided by the University as they work towards timely degree completion.
- Ensure that student academic records accurately reflect their progress in completing requirements by processing Academic Advisement Report (AAR) exceptions or appropriate forms, as necessary. Utilize expertise to complete academic reviews for degree audit, to support financial aid reviews, and to inform advising practices.
- Assist with the recruitment, admission, retention, and success of all undergraduate students in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Coordinate SEAS orientation programs and advisement services for students from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in engineering and computer science. Act as primary liaison with UB’s Orientation, Transition and Parent Programs, Educational Opportunity Program, Access to College Excellence Program and Daniel Acker Scholars Program.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Master’s degree and one year of professional work experience in a higher education setting. A combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, with ability to learn new systems and software. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Three years experience in an undergraduate academic advising (or other support program); demonstrated experience in teaching, student life or recruitment activities.
- Strong understanding of and experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience using PeopleSoft systems, Navigate, and InfoSource.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |