Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
If you'd like, Academic Keys can email you similar job openings. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Would you like to receive more jobs like this via email?
Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Mt. San Antonio College
Position Number: CM-138-2022
Department: Child Development
Time (Percent Time):
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Salary Range: A-95
Salary: A-95Steps 1 - 6: $5,681 - $7,251 monthly
Shift Differential: Shift differential eligibility based on the current collective bargaining agreement.
Open Date: 01/12/2023
Initial Screening Date: 02/06/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
First Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on the above listed Initial Screening Date are assured consideration.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online, unless otherwise noted, at Mt. SAC Employment Website to be considered for this position:
- A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
- A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
- A detailed resume that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
- If applicable, College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
- Optional - Three letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation). Confidential letters of recommendation are not allowed for this position.
Health & Welfare:
Mt. San Antonio College offers a competitive and excellent benefits package to eligible employees providing medical, dental, and vision benefits for eligible employees and their dependents. Lifetime medical benefits are also available for eligible retirees.
The College contributes an annual premium up to the family coverage amount for Kaiser Permanente $15 office visit medical, DeltaCare HMO dental, VSP vision and life insurance plans for eligible employees.
The District participates in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and National Benefit Services.
*Note: Salary and Health & Welfare Benefits are subject to change. Please visit the Mt. San Antonio College Benefits Website for further information.
The Mt. San Antonio College Child Development Center takes a holistic view of and approach to early education and care which takes into account the developmental level of each individual child specifically in the areas of cognitive, social - emotional, language and physical (both gross and fine motor) development. In addition, the Center strives to create an inclusive environment designed to meet the needs of children and families with diverse needs, including varied learning abilities as well as socio-economic and mental health challenges. The Project/Program Coordinator will assist the program in addressing these diverse needs.
Under general supervision, may plan, organize, coordinate, and provide direction and oversight of assigned projects and/or programs; provides routine administrative and operational support for assigned projects and/or programs; plans and coordinates education and outreach efforts; evaluates project/program effectiveness and makes recommendations for operational, policy, and procedural improvements; develops, summarizes, and maintains program records and reports.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED & EXERCISED:
Receives general supervision from assigned managerial staff personnel. May exercise technical and functional direction and training to staff and temporary employees.
This classification is required to maintain knowledge in all procedures related to the assigned area(s) of responsibility, working with a high degree of independent judgment, tact, and initiative and coordinating departmental work with that of other departments. The work has technical and programmatic aspects requiring the interpretation and application of policies, procedures, and regulations.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
1. Plans, schedules, and coordinates assigned projects, programs, services, and/or activities; recommends improvements or modifications; assists in developing and implementing procedures and policies.
2. Provides training, orientation, guidance, and scheduling to assigned staff; reviews and controls quality of work; participates in the recruitment and selection of temporary staff.
3. Participates in developing goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards.
4. Participates in the budget process, including monitoring expenditures and ordering supplies, materials, and equipment; may assist in forecasting annual payroll and program budget requirements.
5. Plans, evaluates, coordinates, and provides training at various events, workshops, and outreach and recruitment activities.
6. Ensures project and/or program effectiveness by identifying stakeholders, gathering data and information.
7. Conducts needs assessments, and implements modifications based upon program evaluation results.
8. Promotes programs, projects, services, activities, and events through various communication modalities; assists in developing promotional materials.
9. Researches, compiles, analyze, and organizes information and data on topics related to assigned projects and/or programs; prepares and assembles reports and other informational materials.
10. Serves as a liaison and contact person to stakeholders; provides higher level of customer service and consultative services related to project and/or program.
11. Participates on committees, task forces, and special assignments, including, but not limited to Screening and Selection Committees and affiliated trainings. Prepares and delivers oral presentations related assigned areas as needed.
12. Provides a working and learning environment that is free from prohibited discrimination, harassment and retaliation (DHR), and provided by applicable law and College policies. Attends College mandated DHR training and participates in DHR investigations as directed. Assists in providing information and resources to individuals who bring forward DHR complaints and reporting possible DHR complaints to Human Resources and other appropriate authority as necessary.
13. Performs general administrative functions.
14. Performs other related or lower classification duties as assigned.
1. Principles and practices of supporting a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist academic and work environment.
2. Basic principles and practices of providing technical and functional direction and training to assigned staff.
3. Principles, practices, and service delivery needs related to the program area(s) to which assigned.
4. Procedures for planning, implementing, and maintaining assigned programs and/or projects.
5. Principles and practices of research and data collection; reporting methods and preparation, techniques and procedures.
6. Principles and practices of budget administration and accountability.
7. Applicable federal, state, local, and College policies, codes, regulations, technical processes, and procedures related to the program to which assigned.
8. Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work.
9. Record keeping principles and procedures.
10. Principles, practices, and techniques of effectively interacting with the public, vendors, students, and College staff, including individuals of various ages, disabilities, various socio-economic, and ethnic groups.
11. Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, students, and College staff, including individuals of various ages, disabilities, various socio-economic and ethnic groups.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Participate in addressing gaps in diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism in recruitment and retention of staff.
2. Communicate the Colleges vision and commitment to creating equity, diversity, inclusion and anti-racism academic and work environment
3. Participate in providing resources and programming towards the goal of being diverse, equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist academic and work environment.
4. Apply training methods and procedures.
5. Conduct research and analyze, interpret, summarize, and present administrative and technical information and data.
6. Perform accurate mathematical, financial, and statistical computations.
7. Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, procedures, and other written materials.
8. Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical timelines.
9. Communicate effectively through various modalities.
10. Effectively representing the College in contacts with governmental agencies, community groups, and various business, professional, educational, regulatory, and legislative organizations.
11. Review situations accurately and determine appropriate course of action within scope of authority using judgment according to established policies and procedures.
12. Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
13. Learns and applies emerging technologies and methods, as necessary, to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
Equivalent to an Associates degree from a regionally accredited college and two (2) full-time equivalent years of increasingly responsible experience working in an educational environment or public program.
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications is listed in the Minimum Qualifications section.
Incumbents work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Incumbents may occasionally work outdoors for assigned events and be exposed to loud noise levels, cold and/or hot temperatures, and dust, fumes, and allergens.
Must be able to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including technological devices; to communicate with individuals at various College and meeting sites; the ability to understand and comprehend written and electronic materials; and the ability to receive, review, and respond to communications in person, before groups, and over and through various media. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although movement between work areas may be required. Positions in this classification occasionally may need to physically reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Incumbents must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects, typically weighing 20 pounds.
Conditions of Employment:
The person holding this position is required to be present on Mt. San Antonio Colleges campus to perform all essential duties and responsibilities.
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report.
The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the Colleges Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Typing Certificate Requirements:
A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: email@example.com.
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
LONG DISTANCE TRAVEL FOR INTERVIEWS: Should you be invited to an interview, please contact our office to discuss an accommodation option if attending the interview would require you to travel in excess of 150 miles one way from your residence.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website.
1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399
Phone: (909) 274-4225
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The start date will be following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicants responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at Mt. SAC Employment Website to complete and submit your application for this position.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio Colleges Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
Cancel RTF Policy:
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay, or cancel filling this position. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/10099
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |