The Department of Family Medicine at the University at Buffalo is seeking a Placement Coordinator to support the successful development and implementation of the newly awarded Re-Employment Support and Training for the Opioid Related Epidemic (RESTORE) grant via community collaboration, program coordination, and career placement support services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate participant enrollment and intake services, identifying areas of individual strength, weakness, and career interest
- Development of individual participant career action plan
- Assist program participants with applying for open vacancies through multiple job banks
- Facilitate career service and soft skill development trainings, including identifying guest speakers and securing event logistics
- Collaborate with industry specialists to support viable career pathways
- Identify and connect participants with external work-based trainings and other supportive services as determined by individual need and interest
- Track participant career placements longitudinally to ensure grant deliverables are met
- Assist with the development of programmatic resources, informational materials, presentations and other documents related to grant activities.
- Support staff with the preparation of succinct reports detailing project/program accomplishments.
- Perform other duties and/or tasks as assigned to ensure the efficient and timely completion of required grant activities.
- Build and maintain effective relationships and communications with local partnering organizations.
- Attend meetings with community partners as requested and other events as an active representative of the New York State System.
- Support community recruitment efforts and seek opportunities for collaboration.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.