The Department of Biological Sciences at the University of North Texas provides professional expertise and service to local, state, national and international constituencies, while promoting the discovery, advancement, and dissemination of basic and applied knowledge in the life and environmental sciences.
This position is responsible for coordinating instructional Biology laboratories for the Frisco Inspire Park campus. Responsibilities include organizing, planning, maintaining, and overseeing preparatory and instructional spaces, equipment, specimens, materials and supplies, as well as scheduling of laboratory course sections. The Instructional Lab Coordinator will work closely with staff at UNT-Denton to ensure consistency across campuses.
Additional Posting Details
Master’s Degree in related field and two years of related scientific or laboratory experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of equipment and instrumentation appropriate to the nature of the lab and/or the discipline and of supplies including operation, set-up, storage, and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of instructional applications related to the laboratory and/or the discipline.
- Physical abilities and skills to readily assemble and operate equipment and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions applicable to the lab, particularly in the sciences.
- Ability to make effective presentations of experiments or software, and provide instruction in laboratory techniques, use of equipment, use of software, procedures, and safety rules.
- Ability to supervise work performed by others.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
Three years of experience in upper-division instructional and/or research laboratories.