The Division of Digital Strategy and Innovation is responsible for leading the university in the areas of educational technology, online and blended initiatives, and digital learning research serving students and faculty both on-campus and at a distance. Digital Strategy and Innovation collaborates with faculty, staff, and students across UNT’s academic and administrative units to ensure a world-class, 21st century institution, redefining public higher education through cutting-edge experimentation where the science of learning is the fulcrum that enables innovative, omnichannel, lifelong education for the North Texas community and learners across the globe.
This position is responsible for designing instructional courses and consulting on curriculum including production and training. Consults with faculty on course design needs and design techniques. Serves as project manager working with faculty, production, and technical staff.
THIS POSITION SUPPORTS ONLINE EDUCATION
Master’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field and three years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of learning and instructional design theories.
- Working knowledge of college level courseware and ability to apply that understanding to course development.
- Ability to design, develop, and implement instructional multimedia products.
- Demonstrated skill in application of current technologies (desktop applications, internet, multimedia).
- Ability to apply proficient writing skills to author courseware.
- Knowledge of Fair Use and copyright issues that apply to online course delivery.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications: * Experience designing and/or delivering online courses at the university level. * Experience working with university faculty. * Experience with Canvas
Required License / Registration / Certification