The central University at Buffalo Career Services office seeks an experienced Event Experience Designer to join a cross-disciplinary team focused on assisting the 29,000 undergraduate and graduate students see possibilities and seek opportunities in preparation for life after college.
- Coordinate internal resources, logistics, stakeholders and timelines for live event activations such large-scale career fairs as well as small-scale events such as employer information sessions, workshops, and specialized networking events.
- Expand and maintain an events strategy in order to elevate brand awareness and interactions with students, campus partners and potential employers.
- Measure event performance focusing on assessment of event/project impact.
The Career Services team features career development experts, employer/alumni relationship catalysts, experienced branding and assessment professionals, an innovative leadership team as well as a diverse 45+ student staff working directly with current students, employers and our career management system. We cultivate over 24,000 job and internship opportunities, provide over 5,000+ individualized services, three major career fairs, 100+ events, career planning courses and countless networking opportunities for all undergraduate and graduate University at Buffalo students each year.
The position will report to the Coordinator of Assessment and Marketing, a member of the department leadership team. Serving on an innovative branding, assessment and marketing team, to implement effective brand management and institute emerging marketing trends, this candidate should be organized and detail-oriented with a proactive, hard-working and curious nature. A deep understanding of driving decision-making across events and brand experiences, while maintaining project management best practices is essential as this position will work on projects and events across the entire Career Services department as well as with partners across several campuses.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in project management, events coordination, communication or brand activation.
Demonstrated experience managing programs, events and brand activation. Results-oriented strategic and conceptual thinker thriving in a fast-paced environment. Strong project management, analytical, communication skills. Detail-oriented and interpersonal skills are required. Since the department is comprised of cross-functional teams, an ability to work in a team setting is required. Demonstrated skills working with software products, spreadsheets and databases necessary
- Demonstrated successful complex project management experience
- Demonstrated experience reviewing event assessment(s) and facilitating continuous improvement process.
- Multi-media, fine arts, production and/or architecture experience
- Experience in experiential marketing, environmental design, production and technology