Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Since its founding in 1868, TUSDM has been committed to leadership in education, patient care, research, and community service. Students obtain an interdisciplinary education, integrated with medicine, with access to training in dental specialties. Clinics managed at TUSDM provide quality comprehensive care to more than 20,000 individuals annually. Nationally and internationally, the school promotes health and educational programs and researches new procedures, materials, and technologies to improve oral health.
Clinical administration supports the clinical and educational efforts within the pre-doctoral and postgraduate clinic operations. The clinical administration staff provides courteous, professional and effective support services and is committed to providing patient, student, and faculty with information, guidance, and quality service to contribute to a successful dental clinic experience. This includes maintaining a safe environment, assuring that patients dental needs are addressed in a caring, confidential, timely, and thorough manner that patients are informed about their treatment and clinic procedures, and those patient's finances are handled accurately and efficiently.
What You'll Do
The central sterilization facility is responsible for sterilization processing, security and transportation of equipment and instruments used in patient care within the dental school clinics for treatment of more than 600 patients per day.
The Central Sterilization Assistant is responsible for: Processing instruments, inspecting cassettes, replacing missing or damaged instruments, preparing and packaging, loading and unloading the autoclave, transporting and securing instruments following instrument tracking system protocols and servicing dispensaries throughout building with adequate inventory to contribute to a smooth clinic operation and positive clinic experience for patients, students, and staff.
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to complete multiple concurrent tasks, be organized and plan ahead for upcoming events.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and Excel, email communication and password management.
- Must be teamwork orientated, self-starting individual with good judgement and maturity.
- Knowledge in Dental Instrumentation
- CRCST (Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician) IAHCSMM certification required
- 5+ years experience in a sterile processing role knowledge of decontamination, assembly, packaging and sterilization procedures.
- Understanding of dental instrumentation, and/or dental assisting
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Monday-Friday, 12pm -9pm.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.