Lehman College seeks a Development Manager. The position is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni in strengthening programs and provides tangible benefits to alumni and current students. The Development Manager is charged with securing commitments from alumni to provide professional expertise and volunteer service; collaborating with colleagues in the administrative office (including, but not limited to Admissions, Development, Media Relations and Student Affairs) and the schools to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advances the goals of the institution; partnering with colleagues to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni giving; and serving as a liaison between the Alumni Associate Board of Directors and academic and administrative leadership. The Development Manager reports to the Deputy Director, Lehman College Foundation, and is a senior member of the Advancement team. All attendees and degree alumni and are counted as members of the Alumni Association.
Additional duties include:
- Manages College’s alumni relations activities and promotes an active and engaged alumni base; establishes an annual fund solicitation program for donors from $50 to $2,000.
- Creates a model for a significant and strategic outreach to alumni throughout each year based on the study of other alumni efforts at urban institutions across the United States to include a full-calendar of activities and an annual fund strategy.
- Implements and monitors this strategy in coordination with all advancement efforts and programs, with full reporting to the Vice President for Advancement on a regular and timely basis.
- Makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures.
- Participates in development strategy, oversees programmatic and administrative support to increase involvement among alumni.
- Works collaboratively with other areas of the College to promote and improve alumni participation.
- Works to create strategies for Senior Class Giving – a collaborative gift program headed by a committee of senior class volunteers, as a first step toward alumni giving.
- Creates an annual strategy for the Annual Fund, communicating with alumni through an on-line newsletter, and then send a staged all alumni annual gift campaign with appeals going out 3-times each year.
- Supervises operations for alumni events, in coordination with Special Events Director and administrative staff.
- Oversees and reports on Alumni Relations budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree and six years’ related experience required
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the institution, and with alumni, other constituents and the public
- Demonstrably strong writing, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
- High ethical and moral standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability and success with special event planning
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Plans and manages College fundraising strategy and operations.
- Implements and monitors comprehensive resource development program; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
- Fulfills specific goals and targets based on individual portfolio
- Assists Director with developing funding strategies and assessing outcomes
- Oversees annual and/or major gift activities to support strategic plan
- Maintains relationships with donors and sponsoring organizations to cultivate and maintain funding
- Prepares financial reports for management; may write grant proposals
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Development Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
July 2, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.