Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Web and Mobile App Engineer I
Utah Valley University
Web and Mobile App Engineer I
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University is seeking a Web and Mobile App Engineer I! The Engineer I, will work under the direction of the Director of Web & Mobile Solutions to develop, maintain and revise web and mobile software, systems and applications and provide technical assistance to developers and users across campus and others in Digital Transformation. This position combines business, technology, and user experience strategy and implementation with a moderate level of supervision. Responsible for participating on multidisciplinary teams towards a common goal; providing high-quality products, systems, and features on time; advocating for both our users and the university; conducting methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of parts of business functions and processes, along with the information they use; the definition of requirements for improving any aspect of business processes and systems; and, the creation of viable specifications in preparation for the construction of web and mobile systems and applications and if necessary the construction of those system. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelors degree in related field plus one year of experience related; OR Associates degree in related field plus three years of experience related to the essential functions/duties of the position OR any combination of higher education and experience directly related to the essential functions/duties totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of web and mobile systems, software and solutions including architecture, strategy, development, testing and maintenance in a large, diverse organization.
- Knowledge of DevOps and the application lifecycle (plan, develop, deliver, operate).
- Knowledge of project management including waterfall, agile, and other software development methodologies, and practices.
- Knowledge of team management practices including training, mentoring, coaching, etc.
- Skills in data parsing and API integrations in diverse systems.
- Skills in managing a large number of projects and tasks with multiple team members.
- Skills in architecting and developing web and mobile systems, software, and applications with diverse technologies. Skills in Project management including waterfall, agile and other development methodologies
- Skills in industry-standard repository management of code and digital assets.
- Skills in staffing, training, supervising, mentoring, and coaching. Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Skills in communicating in verbal and written form in large teams and all regular team and individual interactions.
- Ability communicate clearly and exercise effective interpersonal, problem-solving, team oriented, and decision-making skills where a significant degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a wide range of perspectives. Ability to resolve problems by thinking logically, identify tasks, and developing modular programming steps.
- Ability to quickly deliver minimally-viable products that will improve over time based on user feedback, planned upgrades, and general maintenance.
- Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to stakeholders of varying technical expertise. Ability to create and document processes and training. Ability to effectively facilitate and lead meetings.
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $56,842 - $71,053
Advertisement Number: STA163022
Open Date: 08/02/2022
Review Start Date: 08/11/2022
Close Date: 8/30/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/29739
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |