This position reports to the Associate Director of Athletics and is responsible to effectively manage the daily operations of the office of Athletic External Relations as outlined below.
In addition, this position works collaboratively with varsity coaches to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing campaign for the University’s twenty-two Division I varsity sports teams.
I . Working with Associate Athletic Director with the creation and distribution of all marketing material, including social media, promoting the Bryant University Athletics. Responsible for design and layout of game-day posters, flyers, schedule posters, marketing materials for both print and digital. Coordinate all marketing plans for Bulldog Rewards and Fan Engagement app promoting athletic events throughout the year.
2. Serve as department coordinator and liaison with University Advancement for annual online fundraising campaign including the design and correspondence. Serve as the main point of contact with head coaches in developing and implementing online fundraising campaign, including designing and updating of online site (Scalefunder).
3. Corporate sponsor liaison and stewardship coordinator focusing on signage design and promotional material that corresponds with each corporate sponsor contract. Schedule corporate partner recognition and promotion at athletic events. Assist with design and distribution of annual report.
4. Assist with game day management as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director of External Relations including hiring students and volunteers for game-day promotions and event management. Assist with all corporate sponsor hospitality at various athletic events. Coordinate all in-event entertainment that includes coordination of pep band, cheerleaders , dance team, mascot and anthem singers, event entertainment and contest promotions
5. Develop and implement a sports marketing plan to maximize ticket sales, including developing and implementing on campus promotions for the University community designed to increase spectator attendance at ticketed athletic events.
6. Adhere to NCAA rules compliance in and be fully informed regarding institutional compliance with the NCAA and Northeast Conference rules.
7. Perform related duties as assigned.
8. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to accommodate persons with disabilities.
This position is best filled be an individual with a Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of previous experience working in sports marketing at the collegiate level. S/he must have the ability to problem solve and exercise independent judgement, while handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. Highly developed organizational skills are a must. The individual must enjoy participating in a collaborative work environment with student learning as the focus. Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to interact with external members of the Bryant community, including alumni, boosters, fans and community members.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to accommodate persons with disabilities.