This position will report to the Director of Budget at Lehman College. In addition to the overview duties, tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the planning, development, and management of the annual budget, budget processes and financial planning activities.
- Assist in compiling and reconciling monthly budget reports using various systems.
- Maintain accurate and detailed information, logs, files and reports of all budget related activities in accordance with University, City and State regulations.
- Utilize CUNYfirst to process purchase requisitions, travel, receipts submission, credit card reconciliation, providing oversight and follow-through.
- Assist with monitoring, maintaining and reviewing position data.
- Manage basic office administrative functions such as communications, meeting schedules, department website, and filing.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics and one (1) year of experience in budget finance, accounting, or related area
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs, including: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Exceptional customer services abilities and strong attention to detail
The ability to communicate in writing is an important job-related competency. All candidates will draft a writing sample as part of the interview process to demonstrate their ability to write memos and letters that are grammatically correct and express information clearly.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers program and unit budgets and related functions.
- Processes and maintains data in budget systems
- Prepares budgets, projections and financial reports
- Collects and reports fiscal information as required, and assists in analyzing financial information
- Coordinates with various departments on budget and accounting matters
- Monitors systems and operational issues to improve overall workflows
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Budget Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: email@example.com. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
April 30, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.