In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming "One Tuskegee", the ideal Procurement Specialist will possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st living and learning environment.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Process all Staples and other external systems related to administration functions and oversee the set-up of user profiles/permissions/roles and problem resolution.
Process complex procurement system errors and respond to department and vendor inquiries where other staff are unable to assist.
Process University orders to include decrease/increase in funds or disencumbering balance of accounts.
Process additions, deletions, mergers, and updates on vendors.
Track and analyze system errors and recommend improvements.
Partner with key leaders in Purchasing, Contracting, Buying, Receiving, and Payables to discuss issues, brainstorm improvements, and develop solutions for enhancements.
Assist vendors and departments by providing a copy of purchase orders and answering questions. Support a positive and friendly attitude to vendors, employees, and leaders, providing information or records as requested. Assist with projects as requested.
May train university staff or faculty on purchasing policies and procedures.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and university staff, faculty, and vendors. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player with a positive attitude. Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to make clear, consistent, and transparent decisions; acts with integrity in all decision making; recognizes relevant from irrelevant information and makes timely decisions following regulations, policies, and procedures.
Skill to organize a variety of documentation daily to maintain accurate and readily accessible purchase information/files. Proficient in the use of various desktop and internet-based applications. Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technology quickly. Oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Able to maintain customer and vendor relations and address vendor concerns. Ability to provide quality customer service
Assume any duties assigned by the Procurement Manager.
Assist the University ‘s Accounts Payable department as needed.
Attend training and seminars as required .
- Basic Data Entry Skills 10 Key Touch
- Comfortable with math and calculation
- Computer literacy skills in a spreadsheet (EXCEL) and word processing
- Demonstrated good listening and communication skills (oral and written).
- The ability to interact with diverse vendors, faculty, and staff populations, and a commitment to provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of office procedures
- High school or equivalent, associate degree (preferably in accounting or business administration) desired, but job related training will substitute for degree.
- 2-3 years of purchasing or general accounting experience
- Skilled in time management