Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
PA V, Development Associate, Major Giving
University of San Francisco
PA V, Development Associate, Major Giving
The University of San Francisco seeks a highly motivated, team-work driven, flexible candidate who thrives in a dynamic and visionary culture to serve as a Development Associate. Ideal candidates will have proven proficiency in the areas of director/executive level support, research, database maintenance, budget tracking, expense processing, and customer service. Additionally, this candidate should possess initiative and independent judgment, good decision making and multi-tasking ability to efficiently plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload and to recommend changes in office practices and procedures. Reporting to the Development Coordinator, this position will be the primary support person assigned to work with the AVP for Development, the Gift Planning team, and the School of Nursing and Health Professions, and School of Education.
A successful Development Associate is:
Full Job Description:
- highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- an expert juggler, able to handle multiple projects and competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- resilient and adaptable in the face of changing priorities
- a people person who thrives on knowing who's who
- a team player who understand he/she has important role in the success of others
- Provide administrative support including calendar management, budget management, scheduling and arranging meetings, submitting expense reports, coordinating and arranging travel, processing invoices, ordering supplies, etc.
- Manage the filing, storage and retrieval of sensitive information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
- Triage phone and email inquiries from prospective and current donors, gift officers, and a/external partners
- Coordinate with key partner USF departments in support of Development operations including Business and Finance, Catering services, Events Scheduling, Public Safety, Facilities Management, ITS, etc.
- In support of Gift Planning, this position provides integral administrative and project support independently including
- Provide fulfillment of donor requests for information received from the marketing channels
- Enroll donors into the Fr. John Lo Schiavo Legacy Society
- Maintain electronic and paper files relative to Gift Planning activities
- Become proficient in managing the donor CRM database, ensuring data is updated and accurate, and performing queries to create mailing lists, gift reports and other data sets
- Generate data reports to support gift planning collaboration with development officers. Accurately track gift planning results (activity, productivity, and pipeline) and ensure that these are updated and retrievable whenever needed
- Serve as department's expert user of Salesforce CRM to maximize gift planning reporting capability. Provide support to gift officers in tracking gift planning activity and results through the CRM
- Coordinate the planning and execution of cultivation and stewardship events with the Major Gifts & Gift Planning teams
- Provide logistical support for a variety of meetings and events, including team meetings, special events, retreats and board meetings
- Support special events throughout the year, including event planning, invitations, vendor coordination, collecting RSVP's, day of support, and other tasks as assigned
- Composes and edits donor correspondence (gift agreements, thank you letters and emails) reports, correspondence, solicitation materials, invitations to cultivation events and memos
- Draft and proof donor correspondence (gift agreements, thank you letters and emails) and other written documents
- Prepare donor briefings
- Prepare simple proposals
- Ability to independently analyze, recommend and implement new/changes to procedures.
- May be responsible for a unit's day-to-day operations and may, under general supervision, serve as an office coordinator
- Identifies and resolves various problems and situations that affect the efficient flow of work between departments or outside agencies.
- May act on the behalf of the manager in his/her absence.
- Provide back up support to members of the Major Giving team in the absence of the Development Coordinator or partner Development Associate
- Other duties may include but are not limited to supervision of student interns and assistance at division events.
- Post high school education preferred. Training or experience equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible work experience in a support role and/or related education required.
- Previous higher education experience is a plus.
- Manage sensitive information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically communicate and interact with high networth individuals as well as University leadership.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material in a professional manner.
- Independent judgment and resourcefulness to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload and to recommend changes in office practices and procedures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment while handling many duties simultaneously.
- Strong donor or customer relations mind-set.
- Aptitude for data analytics. Strong computer skills and knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Salesforce.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/PA-V--Development-Associate--Major-Giving_R0002627.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |